Friday, June 24, 2011

A Firewalk-The Mind Stepping Through Fear!












The Firewalk-The Walk of Fear





The Ultimate Test of Conquering your Mind!




Is it Hot? Does it hurt? Will I get burnt? Am I Fricken Crazy? Can I do it? Why am I doing this?




What am I trying to prove? What happens if..............?


These were all the questions swirling violently in my mind just before I took the first the first step!





Have you ever done a firewalk? If you have you will know the exileration and amazing breakthrough that comes from the triumph of stepping off at the end. If you haven't, it is about time you stepped through your fear!



Firewalking like anything is a test. A test of what the mind creates and what reality turns out to be. It is the greatest most amazing demonstration of how our mind and fear controls us and that by letting go and trusting, nothing can hold us back.



It was about a month ago now, I set off on my long drive up to Redland bay on the basis of an invitation from a friend to go do a 'firewalk' with this group called Satori education. Never heard of them and for me, I need to know that I am in good hands whenever I venture out of my comfort zone. But I know at the bottom of my heart and somewhere in my basic intelligence that in order to grow we need to do the opposite of the routines that we live out. So I stepped out. Stepped out of my comfort zone and drove. Put in the corordinates into my GPS and got to the retreat. Although there were alot of windey roads and moments of self doubt even before I got there. But I made it and was greeted by some friendly cool people. I relaxed a little when the 12 and 13 year old kids came bounding up saying, when do we start? When do we start walking on fire? Me on the other hand was starting to freak out as I read through the Terms and Conditions. 1. We will not take responsiblity for any burns or injuries. 2. Any death is personal responsibility. and the list continued.





The day began from 1pm and continued till the final climax at 7 pm with the walk of fear. Opps Firewalk I mean. But during the entire day non-stop we were faced with challenges, breaking an arrow with our neck, walking over glass, breaking wooden boards, bending steel rods. Mentally could I do it? Hell no! My mind was telling me before each and every activity NO!!! This is impossible you can't do it, stop stop, Don't DO IT!



Each time my mind went crazy, my mind went into protection overdrive. But something inside rose up, like a warrior spirit that said- Trust Me, It can be Done.


So each time there was new activity, I heard the mind chatter, I acknowledged it, I went blank and visualized myself doing the activity, walking over that glass, breaking that board. I quietened my mind once again and then simply let my board do the motions. Each time, I broke my mind.


I broke through the mind chatter and I broke the curse of fear that had paralysed me from doing it and going forward. What was it that allowed me to do it? Universal trust. Trust in the universe and the people around me.


So each challenge although physcially in all reality should have been harder, as I pushed through each one and slowly beat more and more of my fear, the activities got easier and easier to blast through. I had found my hidden potential and power. You to are capable of it! The momentum carried me through and it will too for you in whatever you also attempt.


As it gets closer to the final event, the big firewalk, we are building up our intensity, singing some wierd chants, dancing around in a circle, breathing in so deeply like I have never breathed before to get the oxygen pumping in all the right places (apparently it lessens the chance our feet will burn, yipee I am thinking) and as we do these rituals I am thinking, -what if ...... what if...... ahhhhhhhhh, but then I just let go again and trust the process. I look around the group and all I see are people locked in courage and faith that everything will be ok and we could do this....



We all marched outside to the fire area and sang and danced around the fire in a circle till we knew in our minds that we were READY to GO!



Was I ? Well watch the video below and find out how it ended up-



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXbJ8jlK55I





What I learnt most through this experience is that our only limit in our life that is placed on us is our own mind. Conquer it and nothing can stop you!

Now go be the best you can be and push your the mind chatter as your greatest potential is well beyond your fears!












No comments:

Post a Comment